It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they'redoing. At Workday, people are committed to bringing passion and customer focusto the business of enterprise applications. Everybody is working hard, and isserious about what they do. But at Workday people like to have a good time,too. In fact, company act with that principle in mind every day: One ofWorkday’s core values is fun.
Workday isthe leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions formanaging global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownershipof SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veteransDave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management,Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsizeand Fortune 500 companies.
Our Professional Services Engagement / Project Manager will beresponsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solutionon some of our largest projects. The Engagement Manager will drive the clientimplementation and will be involved in the development of several key projectdeliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and workwith the Client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way ofproject success. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managingto the agreed to budget and delivering the project profitably.
- Become an expert in Workday's ImplementationMethodology and use it on all engagementsManage 1 - 2 large Workday product implementations
- Demonstrate competency in the Workday HCM product suite
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested togather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW
- Provide guidance and mentoring to those ProfessionalService resources working on their implementations
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed
- Full project P+Lownership
- Work with the client project manager toidentify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance withagreed to checkpoints
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday bestpractices
- Be a liaison for professional services wheninteracting with sales and/or development.
- Identify opportunities to position other serviceofferings
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference uponcompleting their implementation
- Assist in the transition of the customer fromprofessional services to product support
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budgetoutlined in the SOW
- Present client with change orders in the event they'reasking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW
- Demonstrable experience project managing large HCMimplementations for complex multi-national organisations
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultantor with a consulting/software company.
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP,PeopleSoft or similar application desirable
- Working knowledge with at least one of the followingbusiness areas: HCM, Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting/Talent
- Experience of managing 3rd parties in a project
- Professional Services or SaaS industry experience aplus
- Excellent organization, time management, andcommunication skills
- Passion for customerservice
- Business developmentskills
- Knowledge ofInternet technology
- Previous experience with a major systems integratorand/or an enterprise software company a plus
- Previous service sales experience a plus. Successfulcandidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience
- Ability to travel 25-50%
If you are interested in thisposition, please send your complete application to:firstname.lastname@example.org